Over the past few years, the eCommerce industry has seen a drastic shift in how businesses are marketed to their customers. This new way of doing business is called Progressive Web Apps (PWA). Adobe Commerce (previously Magento) says, “With it, you can reach customers across an ever-expanding chain of touchpoints.” At their core, PWAs are web applications that use modern browser features to provide an app-like experience.
What are Progressive Web Apps?
Progressive web apps are websites that can be installed on your phone and act like native apps. They provide a better user experience, and they’re designed to provide fast load times even without an internet connection. This means that users will get notifications, be able to save bookmarks, and access their data anywhere, even when they aren’t connected to the internet.
Are Progressive Web Apps Affordable?
While PWAs have some cost advantages over native apps, they are still more expensive than HTML websites. The good news is that design, development and maintenance costs are much lower than for a native app. You can launch an e-commerce site quickly and at a lower price point.
How to Make a Progressive Web App?
If you’re looking to build a progressive web application, here’s what you need to know:
- Progressive Web Apps are websites. This means that they can be accessed and used through any browser, such as Chrome or Firefox.
- They’re mobile apps. PWAs offer a similar user experience to native apps but with all of the benefits of being a website (like working offline).
- In many cases, PWAs are hybrid applications that combine features from both web pages and native apps.
Benefits of Using Progressive Web Apps
The benefits of using Progressive Web Apps are many. The main reason why they have changed the ECommerce industry is that Progressive Web Apps are:
- Fast: They load almost instantly and do not require any installation. This allows them to be used seamlessly on any device or platform without having to install an app store first.
- Reliable: The app never crashes, even if your internet connection is poor or unreliable. It automatically refreshes itself when there is an update available for it, so you don’t have to worry about keeping it up-to-date manually.
- Engaging: A PWA will always look good no matter what device you’re using it on since all its assets are preloaded from the cloud – this means that there’s no need for plugins such as Flash anymore! In fact, PWAs can even work offline if needed!
It is exciting to see the way PWA has changed the ecommerce industry. It is no longer just a website but now a complete application that can work on any device and in any network environment. The benefits are endless, and progressive web apps are the future of online shopping.